Stats: 110 calories 11g protein 4g fiber 4g sugar 4g fat
* Coconut Chocolate Creme – I think this was probably my favorite flavor. Good strong coconut flavor without being overwhelming. Pretty unique flavor, well done.
* Orange Chocolate Creme – To be honest I was a little afraid of this one. Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it actually ended up tasting. One of the better flavors of the bunch. Another relatively unique flavor and quite tasty.
* Lemon Chocolate Creme- Another flavor that I wasn’t sure about going into this review, but again a flavor I was pretty into after tasting. Although it’s a little outside of my normal go to flavors it’s one that I see myself going back to.
* Vanilla Chocolate Creme – The flavor I was most excited to try. I would say it was good, but nothing special by comparison to other vanilla protein bars.
* Raspberry Chocolate Creme – Good raspberry flavor, maybe just a tad too strong. I went into this review expecting this to be one of the best flavors but it ended up near the back of the list. I enjoyed it overall, the lower rating is mainly due to the other flavors being such positive surprises, but it was a little strong for me personally.
* Mint Chocolate Crem – Had a good mint flavor, but I found it to be way overwhelming. I am not a big fan of mint and chocolate together so that could have played into it, however I do think it was just too much mint.
Texture: All of the bars had the same texture. It was very different than your typical protein bar. The outside is real chocolate and the center is an almost caramel like consistency. I found this to be excitingly different from the average protein bar and made for a pleasant eating experience. Very much a candy bar like texture. Unique and pleasant.
Final Thoughts: Built Bar is a very different protein bar. From the flavors to the texture I found them to be a unique product that certainly warrants giving a try. I think that the texture lends well to the fruitier flavors and the combo is a nice change of pace from the old taffy like bars. I would recommend trying them, and furthermore I would recommend going outside of your comfort zone when it comes to flavors. I definitely found myself a new protein bar to add to the mix.
Side notes: These bars contain milk products and gelatin
Latest Instagram Posts
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.