What is a Weighted Blanket?
Sitting at 3-5x times heavier than your regular duvet, a weighted blanket is proven to give you a deeper sleep and reduce your anxiety– you’ll fall asleep faster to waking up more refreshed too.
The Hush Blanket is engineered to be 10% of your body weight to relax the nervous system by simulating the feeling of being held or hugged.
This increases serotonin and melatonin levels while decreasing cortisol levels—improving your mood and promoting restful sleep at the same time. All without ever filling a prescription.
Hush Iced – Cooling Weighted Blanket for Summer
The Hush Iced cooling weighted blanket is the coldest fabric in your house, guaranteed.
Whether you are a hot sleeper or want to enjoy the benefits of a weighted blanket but in the summer time, the Hush Iced was made for you!
Fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and ease your stress and anxiety just like with our Classic Hush blanket.
Which weight should you get?
Roughly 10% of your body weight is a great start. Feel free to chat in using the widget below if you have any questions about weights or sizing.
- The Hush Iced was released on Kickstarter in May 2019, quickly raising over $1M in just under a month.
- If you are sleeping alone, go with the Twin blanket as it is meant for personal use.
- If sharing, the Queen or King Iced is your best bet. Go up in weight for the most effectiveness
- The cooling cover is made from a proprietary blend of sweat-wicking bamboo and ultra-soft cotton
- The inner weighted blanket comprised of a luxurious microfibre material, pocketing non-toxic glass sand which makes it heavy and balances the weight
- 1 in every 10 Iced blankets sold are donated to a person in need. Learn more about our GiveBack program.
Positive Effects on Insomnia
This study from SciMedCentral found that sleep time increased while movement during sleep decreased when participants used a weighted blanket.
Participants found it easier to settle down, fall asleep, and felt more refreshed in the morning.
Reduced Anxiety in 63% of Patients
Several engineers and behavioural scientists study the safety of using a very heavy blanket.
The results were lower brain activity, lower anxiety, and 78% preferred the blanket as a calming method.
Deep Pressure Stimulation
The American Occupational Therapy Association studied the benefits of DTPS and has shown to occur even in short periods of being under a weight.
Sympathetic arousal decreased while parasympathetic arousal decreased. This led to improved performance on a test after being under the weight.
Latest Instagram Posts
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.